Accredited or nationally-recognised training is pretty much like doing a TAFE course at your radio or television station- when you are planning a course you need to start the process about three months before you want the training to start. At the CMTO we know how most community stations operate and so we have put together this info for you to take to your manager or board to help get training started at your station.
What does your station need for training?
You will need access to a studio, computers, editing software and the Internet. You will also need a training room.
1. If you are interested in getting training started at your organisation fill in the Online Expression of Interest Form
2. Contact the CMTO and talk about your training needs. The CMTO will help you decide on a course, a trainer and help you apply for a grant.
2. Set the dates for the course and advertise it at your station.
3. Collect student information and submit with grant application.
4. Once the grant is confirmed the CMTO will send you all the materials you need.